FOR DEKALB COUNTY
Information from the DeKalb County Clerk’s Website http://dekalb.il.clerkserve.com/?cat=21
***Election Day Voting and Early Voting will still be available. If you receive a vote by mail ballot and then decide to vote on Election Day at your Polling Place, you will be required to surrender your vote by mail ballot at your Polling Place, in order to vote.
Due to Public Act 101-0642 being effective immediately, DeKalb County will be mailing out Vote by Mail Applications to all active registered voters. You should receive your application by August 1, 2020.
If you do not receive your application by August 15th…. you may use the following pdf fillable application: Vote By Mail Application
To use this form as a fillable document, that you can attach to an email, you must use Internet Explorer as your browser by using Adobe Reader to open the form (Google Chrome does not support the saved/fillable capabilities of Adobe pdf) OR you may print out the form and fill in the required information to email or mail to our office:
DeKalb County Clerk/Elections
110 E. Sycamore St.
Sycamore, Il 60178
- You may complete the above application and return it through personal delivery, mail or email by no later than October 29th.
- Upon completion of the application AND receipt by our office, your ballot will be mailed to you beginning September 24th through October 29th.
- You will receive your ballot at your registered address or the mailing address which you designated.
- Your voted BALLOT must be returned to our office, either in person or by mail postmarked no later than election day.
- Your voted ballot MUST be sealed in its given Certification Statement envelope and your signature MUST be on the Certification Statement.
- If you do not receive your requested ballot, wish to confirm receipt of your returned ballot, or if you have any questions, please contact our office at 815-895-7147 or by email: email@example.com
BALLOTS WILL NOT BE MAILED BEFORE SEPTEMBER 24, 2020
Please Note: This application must be received at least 5 days prior to any election and all returned Ballots must be postmarked on for before Election Day and received by the DeKalb County no later than 14 days after the Election.
Voting By Mail Instructions
Upon receipt of the mailed ballot packet, follow all the instructions on how to vote and return the ballot.
Make sure that the Certification Envelope is filled out completely, including your signature, and seal your voted ballot in this envelope.
Vote by Mail ballots must all be either hand delivered or mailed to the County Clerk’s Office.
If the ballot is being hand delivered to the County Clerk’s Office by someone other than the voter, an Affidavit of Delivery must be completed and signed by both the voter and person delivering the ballot. This affidavit is printed on the back of the Return Envelope.
Ballots that are being returned by mail must be postmarked by election day and received within 14 days after the election.
Voted ballots personally delivered to the County Clerk’s Office must be received no later than Election Day before 7:00 p.m.
If the voter receives assistance in voting their Mail Ballot, the name and address of the individual giving the assistance must be placed on the Ballot Certification Envelope.
FOR BOONE COUNTY
FOR KANE COUNTY